Home | Services | Church Groups | Events | News | History| Contact Us

 


History
Ministers
Erecting the Clock
The Church Organ
About St. Mungo







 

The Church Organ

Following the clock, the organ was the next major investment for St. Mungo's. An Organ Committee was formed on 11th November 1886, with Dr. Badger of Fetteresk House as chairman, together with Secretary R. Henderson High Street, and Teasurer James Anderson from the Clydesdale Bank and a committee 25 strong plus the choir.  Charged with raising funds, it is a tribute to their enthusiasm that by September 1887 the funds had been accrued and alterations to the Church to receive the new instrument were carried out. The installation of the organ was carried out in October 1887.

Built by Miller of Perth, the records show the instrument cost 250 with fitting costs off 111, 12s. 1d.

Rebuilt by Hamilton around 1910 the instrument is now maintained by Rushworth and Dreaper, who also rebuilt the unit between December 1992 and January 1993. A balanced swell pedal was fitted during this rebuild.

SPECIFICATION

Great Organ

Open Diapason 8'
Dulciana 8'
Stop Waldeflote 8'
Principal 4'
Harmonic Flute 4'
Fifteenth 2'
Twelfth 2 2/3'
Clarionet 8'

Swell Organ

Bourdon 16'
Violin Diapason 8'
Leiblich Gedact 8'
Echo Gamba 8'
Vox Celeste 8'
Gemsharn 4'
Piccolo 2'
Mixture 3 Rks
Oboe 8'
Horn 8'

Pedal Organ

Open Diapason 16'
Bourdon 16'
Tremulant  

Couplers

Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Swell Super Octave

 

 

 

Back to Top

 



 
 
Penicuik: St. Mungo's Parish Church (Church of Scotland). Scottish Charity No SC005838